INTERNAL GOVERNANCE AND AUDIT OF BANK INDONESIA
In the implementation of its tasks, Bank Indonesia has internal procedures which implement and support application of principles of Good Governance in the forms, among other things, of:
- Process of decision making through Board of Governors Meeting (RDG).
- Delegation of authority.
- Provision of information relating to implementation of Bank Indonesia’s tasks to stakeholders.
- Accountability of the implementation of Bank Indonesia’s tasks and authorities to stakeholders.
- Application of risk management.
- Procurement process of goods and services which is implemented in an effective, efficient, transparent, accountable and fair principle
- Management of human resources, organization and budget that taking account of effectiveness and efficiency.
The implementation of the above mentioned internal governance of Bank Indonesia is supported by an independent, professional, and objective internal audit function, referring to internal audit ethical codes and professional standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors, including:
To provide opinion and recommendation on the process of governance, risk management, and internal control through assurance and consultation activities in the achievement of organization objectives.
To become a professional internal audit unit with national and international reputation.
- Scope of evaluation:
To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the process of governance, risk management, and internal control.
To provide services of assurance and consultation on control, risk management, and good governance, and other special assignment as far as not in the contrary to standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
To have a full access to carry out audit on properties/assets, human resources, and all data and information owned by Bank Indonesia.
Detail information on the internal governance in Bank Indonesia are published in Bank Indonesia Annual Report, accessible through publication/annual report menu at the Bank Indonesia website.